I was subpoened under the wrong legal name. I called the DA and let them know that they subpoena'd the wrong person

Asked 12 months ago - Sacramento, CA

will I be okay. I also faxed it back to them and said person unkown. the guy never asked my name just handed me the paper and said be there on monday.

The last name is correct but the first name is incorrect. and I have never gone by the first name. so if they have the name wrong. It is not a spelling error either just a name i have never gone by

1. Lloyd Stewart Mann

Pro

Answered . If you are not the person who was subpoenaed then you have nothing to worry about. You don't need to do anything further. In other words, if you were handed a subpoena for John Smith and you are not John Smith, and never have been John Smith, you don't have to do anything. However, if you are contending that you were not served because your name is "Jon" Smith, and not "John" Smith, or something like that, you would be best advised not to do anything other than appear as subpoenaed. Good luck.