I was subpoenaed to court and I have a class that day.

Asked over 1 year ago - Lynn, MA

Is there a way that I can get out of it . If I don't go to this class I miss out on a pay increase . This may cause a hardship for me .

1. Henry Lebensbaum

1

Answered . You are required to go. You can show the subpoena to the teacher.

2. Erik Hammarlund

1

Answered . You need to attend, but you may be able to get it changed. It's often best to begin by explaining the situation to the attorney who issued the subpoena.

If you have issues, call an attorney.

3. Ryan M. Finn

Pro

2

Answered . Contact the lawyer that subpoenaed you and see what he/she says. If they are not flexible you could contact the judge. However, absent permission to reschedule, then you should comply with the subpoena.