I was subpoenaed to court and I have a class that day.

Asked over 1 year ago - Lynn, MA

Is there a way that I can get out of it . If I don't go to this class I miss out on a pay increase . This may cause a hardship for me .

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Henry Lebensbaum

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You are required to go. You can show the subpoena to the teacher.

    Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex... more
  2. Erik Hammarlund

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You need to attend, but you may be able to get it changed. It's often best to begin by explaining the situation to the attorney who issued the subpoena.

    If you have issues, call an attorney.

    Do you want accurate, personalized, legal advice that you can rely on? You will have to hire an attorney, not ask... more
  3. Ryan M. Finn


    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Contact the lawyer that subpoenaed you and see what he/she says. If they are not flexible you could contact the judge. However, absent permission to reschedule, then you should comply with the subpoena.

    Ryan Finn * 518.213.0115 * Rfinn@hackermurphy.com * Referrals are the highest form of compliment * Hacker... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,406 answers this week

2,908 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,406 answers this week

2,908 attorneys answering