I was subpoenaed and then the court date was cancelled how long is the subpoena good for or do they reissue a new one???

Asked about 1 year ago - Willis, TX

The prosecutor keeps delaying the my flying out to the court date and I'm having to ask off work for this. If the date stated on the subpoena has passed do they have to reissue a new subpoena or is the first one still valid

1. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

2

Answered . Did you appear on the first court date and get sworn in? If so, you'll have to appear whenever instructed by the court or DA. If not, they have to issue a new subpoena.

2. Richard Kurt Arbuckle

Pro

Answered . The rule is not always clear on postponements. I have changed the practice area to criminal to see if someone practicing that might tell you what criminal courts generally do.

3. Evan Edward Pierce-Jones

Answered . Ms. Jaggers answer is how I have seen things done in Texas state courts for almost 30 years.