I was subpoenaed and then the court date was cancelled how long is the subpoena good for or do they reissue a new one???

Willis, TX |

The prosecutor keeps delaying the my flying out to the court date and I'm having to ask off work for this. If the date stated on the subpoena has passed do they have to reissue a new subpoena or is the first one still valid

1. The rule is not always clear on postponements. I have changed the practice area to criminal to see if someone practicing that might tell you what criminal courts generally do.

This is not legal advice. You should always discuss the specifics of your issue in person with an attorney. Be aware that there are time limits on all claims that depend on the kind of claim, so do not delay in seeking an attorney.

2. Did you appear on the first court date and get sworn in? If so, you'll have to appear whenever instructed by the court or DA. If not, they have to issue a new subpoena.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

3. Ms. Jaggers answer is how I have seen things done in Texas state courts for almost 30 years.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.