I was subpoena to testify . I was fired in last job can they bring that up in the hearing .

New York, NY |

I was subpoena to testify in a hearing . I was fired in last job can they bring that up in the hearing .

Can they bring up reason I was fired in hearing or can previous employer say why employee was fired

1. At a hearing they have some discretion om the topic that yu can be questioned. Unless you assert a privilege such as the Fifth Amendment, then you will need to answer questions since you were subpoenaed. Answer honestly and it should be fine.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

2. Plead the fifth or answer all questions posed to you with total honesty.