I was subjected to Sexual Harassment by drill sergeant and other soldiers, as well as denied a medical discharge

Port Townsend, WA |

After signing up for the Army, Active duty in 2007 I began have extreme chest pain, and hallucinations. When I went to basic training in Ft. Benning, I had an EKG which read all sorts of oddities, but the doctor just smiled and crossed it out. My drill sergeant didn't believe me, so they sent me to Mental Health. I reported that another two soldiers were sexually harassing me and then my drill sergeant started coming on to me when I told him about it. I was feeling suicidal, and put on suicide watch, but was discharged other than honorably for "anxiety," with no benefits. My recruiter also lied about the jobs available to me.

1. No disrespect intended but u have not asked a question so I am not sure how to respond.

This post is for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney client relationship with Mr. Cassara.

2. There seems to be an awful lot of questions coming from Port Townsend, WA lately.

3. No question--no answers. Bits of your narrative don't make sense.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this or any other matter.

4. Not sure what your question is- feel free to contact me for a free consult. Good luck.

Wills and estates topics