I was stung by a sting ray I was rushed to the ER where they told me I couldnt be in as much pain as I was saying I was.

Asked over 2 years ago - Gainesville, FL

They took xrays to make sure there wasn't a barb, gave me a tetanus shot and sewed the wound shut. I had to go back to the ER (different er,same company) and was told I had a blood infection (celeuitis) and was given an oral antibiotic and sent home,half way through my antibiotic my leg became worse with swelling and infection, I had to quit my day job weeks earlier than expected because I couldn't be on my feet for the duration of two jobs a day. I went back to the ER and they told me that it looks like it "might be getting better" .but gave me another bacterial antibiotic they took the stitches out since I was admit to have them removed. now having to see wound specialist, to try to heal this now 3cm wide by 2cm open wound. it has been over 2 months since incident.

1. Paul A Meissner Jr.

1

Answered . Nothing in the information provided would support a medical malpractice claim at this point. If the healing process results in a serious or permanent medical situation, you should consult with an attorney in your area specializing in medical malpractice claims.

2. Jeffrey B. Lampert

Pro

Answered . I am sorry, but I do not see a question here.

If your condition was "celulitis", it is an infection of fat cells, not of the blood. I know, I have had celulitis on a couple of occasions--I need to lose a lot of weight but at 59 years of age I do not think it is going to happen. I went through that entire process you describe. And the swelling does get worse, because the infection is being attacked by the antibiotic and those cells are dying but they have no way to get out of the body.

BUT, I AM NOT A DOCTOR so can not give medical advise.

As for legal advise, it may be difficult to find negligence on the part of the health care provider. You should have a face-to-face meeting with a personal injury attorney to go into specific detail.

3. Marc Edward Stewart

Answered . It doesn't sound like you have a valid medical negligence claim. This is a fairly typical course for a patient that gets stung by an animal like a sting ray. Infections develop in these situations quite often. There is no physician or antibiotic that can necessarily ensure it will not occur. It's just a natural consequence of getting stung in the first place.