I WAS SOLD A VEHICLE THAT HAD A LIEN THAT I WAS UN AWARE IUNTIL I TRIED TO REGISTER VEHICLE..THE TITLE THE PERSON GAVE WAS A OLD

Asked about 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

THE TITLE NUMBER WAS FROM PREVIOUS OWNERS I THINK IT HAS A REPO ON IT. THE PERSON CHANGED THERE NUMBER AND THE INFO ON TITLE IS NOT CORRECT SO I JUS HAVE THE VEHICLE AND NO PAPER WRK. IM TRYING TO GET A ATTORNEY TO TALK TO THE LIEN HOLDER TO TELL THEM THE VEHICLE WAS SOLD TO ME WITH OUT MY KNOWLEDGE. WAT ASHOULD I DO I TRIED TO MAKE A POLICE REPORT BUT THEY WAS NO HELP SAYING THAT ITS A CIVIL MATTER. WE TRADED VEHICLES AND HE ALREADY REGISTERED MY VEHICLE FINE

1. Judy A. Goldstein

2

Answered . Since you are trying to hire counsel, let your attorney handle this. Additionally, please turn off your capslock.

2. Tara Leigh Goodwin

1

Answered . Try contacting the Illinois Secretary of State police department.