I was sold a car that was branded a lemon but was not told what rights do i have?

Clovis, NM |
Filed under: Lemon law Used cars

I bought a used car a few years ago and just went to refinance it with another bank and was informed it was branded a lemon. Nowhere in my contract nor in was i told it was a lemon. Now that i know this i do not want it and would never have bought it in the first place if i had known. What legal rights do i have to make them buy it back?

1. Most states which use “branded” motor vehicle titles have a law that says that if the brand is not disclosed to the buyer before the purchase, then the buyer may be able to cancel the sale. But the law is different in every state on this so you need to talk to a local attorney who deals with Consumer Law or Lemon Law cases. Call your local attorney's Bar Association and ask for a referral to a Consumer Law attorney near you or you can go to this web site page for a Free Online 50 State National List of Consumer Law Lawyers (http://www.ohiolemonlaw.com/ocll-site/ocll-locate_local.shtml) and find one near you (lawyers don’t pay to get listed here and most of them are members of the only national association for Consumer Law lawyers, NACA.net). Don’t settle for someone who does other kinds of law because “car law” is a special area that many attorneys are not very familiar with and you really need to know and understand this unique area of law very well. But act quickly because for every legal right you have, there is only a limited amount of time to actually file a lawsuit in court or your rights expire (it's called the statute of limitations), so don't waste your time getting to an attorney and finding out what your rights are. If this answer was helpful, please check the box below.

Lemon law topics