I was sexually harassed at work, what are my rights?

Phoenix, AZ |

I recently had an incident at work where I was sexually harassed. As I was doing my job this person was standing behind me ejaculating and even got his semen on me. However, it was not by an employee but by a consumer at my job. I immediately reported it and very little was done about it. I was told that everything possible would be done for me to feel comfortable, but that has not happened. I have been verbally threatened by that same person and I feel very intimidated and even scared that he will physically hurt me. I have even been left alone with him. Ever since the incident I have not been able to sleep well and I'm very stressed out. Also, ever since the incident occurred my hours have been cut back.I don't know what to do. What are my rights and what actions should I take?

There will need to be a more thorough discussion of the facts but it sure sounds like you have a case. I highly recommend that you contact an EMPLOYMENT LAW or SEXUAL HARASSMENT LAW attorney immediately and set up a free office consultation. Most of these cases are handled on a percentage fee basis and you do not have to pay an hourly fee or any retainer to your attorney. If the attorney obtains a settlement for you, the attorney gets a percentage of the settlement. Call an attorney immediately. You may want to look at attorneys on this website at Avvo to get some names. Good luck!

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at www.kevinmadison.com and www.texassexualharassmentattorney.com. Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at http://texassexualharassmentattorney.com/blog/

2. I am so sorry to hear about your situation. I suggest that you consult in person with an employment lawyer as soon as possible to get a careful evaluation of your situation. If your employer fails to take appropriate corrective action, then you may have a claim for hostile work environment. Also, you may have a claim from retaliation. Good luck.

My answers to questions posted on AVVO are intended to provide general information only, and are not intended to be legal advice. Employment law issues typically require a careful case-by-case analysis. Consequently, if you feel that you need legal advice, I would encourage you to consult in person with an employment attorney in your area.

3. I am so sorry for what happened on you. You shall consult with a local employment attorney. Your employer shall take proper action immediately to protect you from further harm. You may have a claim against your employer.

Talk to an employment layer ASAP.