I was sexually harassed at work, what are my rights?

Asked over 1 year ago - Phoenix, AZ

I recently had an incident at work where I was sexually harassed. As I was doing my job this person was standing behind me ejaculating and even got his semen on me. However, it was not by an employee but by a consumer at my job. I immediately reported it and very little was done about it. I was told that everything possible would be done for me to feel comfortable, but that has not happened. I have been verbally threatened by that same person and I feel very intimidated and even scared that he will physically hurt me. I have even been left alone with him. Ever since the incident I have not been able to sleep well and I'm very stressed out. Also, ever since the incident occurred my hours have been cut back.I don't know what to do. What are my rights and what actions should I take?

1. Darrel S Jackson

Pro

5

1

Answered . I am so sorry to hear about your situation. I suggest that you consult in person with an employment lawyer as soon as possible to get a careful evaluation of your situation. If your employer fails to take appropriate corrective action, then you may have a claim for hostile work environment. Also, you may have a claim from retaliation. Good luck.

2. Kevin Rindler Madison

Pro

3

Best Answer

Answered . There will need to be a more thorough discussion of the facts but it sure sounds like you have a case. I highly recommend that you contact an EMPLOYMENT LAW or SEXUAL HARASSMENT LAW attorney immediately and set up a free office consultation. Most of these cases are handled on a percentage fee basis and you do not have to pay an hourly fee or any retainer to your attorney. If the attorney obtains a settlement for you, the attorney gets a percentage of the settlement. Call an attorney immediately. You may want to look at attorneys on this website at Avvo to get some names. Good luck!

3. Liwu Hong

2

Answered . I am so sorry for what happened on you. You shall consult with a local employment attorney. Your employer shall take proper action immediately to protect you from further harm. You may have a claim against your employer.

Talk to an employment layer ASAP.