I was severe a unlawful detainer which was dismissed, How do I removed it off my credit report

Asked almost 5 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

I was served a unlawful detainer which was dismissed before 60 days. ;A week later I was served with a 60 days notice to quit. Now I can't rent a apartment because the unlawful retainer is on my credit report. what can i do, I just found out about detainer on my credit report when my application for rental was denied

1. Robin Mashal

Answered . Disclaimer: The materials provided below are informational and should not be relied upon as legal advice.

Are you certain the unlawful detainer lawsuit was dismissed? If so, it should not adversely affect your credit. Typically, lawsuit affects your credit if it results in a judgment entered against you. You mention you were served with a 60-day notice after that. It seems like you have not fully resolved your issues with your landlord. You should consult your own attorney to protect your legal rights.