Skip to main content

I was seved with a warrant notice for contempt of court i live in fresno ca. my ex used to pick up her spousal /child supp

Fresno, CA |

at my old job ten yrs ago . I was a cop . the judge my me pay her 65% of my pay . I resinged ten years ago when my son became ill with cancer. he WAS five at the time. in 2002. I DIDNT TAKE IT BACK TO COURT because we had alot going on to date i owe more than 300000 dollars. I am unemplyed rite now broke. what do ido

Attorney Answers 2

  1. If you are being charged with contempt, you can either hire counsel to help you defend against the allegations or one will be appointed to you in court. The reason is that contempt is a quasi-criminal proceeding and can have consequences which trigger your constitutional rights. You can also have consultations with attorneys to discuss your case options.

    The answer is based upon the limited information provided and does not create an attorney-client privileged relationship.

  2. see my previous answer as far as modification. In the contempt case you will be appointed counsel if you do not have one.

    Note this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on. Each situation is fact specific and court specific, and it is not possible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and court pleadings filed in the case. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship

Child support topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics