I was served with interrogatories. What does this mean exactly?

Asked over 4 years ago - Colorado Springs, CO

Its asking me for basically all the information that I own and my employment.

1. Robert John Murillo

Answered . You do not have enough facts to know exactly what is going on. These could be interrogatories for discovery or as part of an attempt to collect a judgment. Assuming everything else is valid, you must answer these in the time stated or your risk contempt. You should contact an attorney to review your matter.

DISCLAIMER—This answer is for informational purposes only and discusses general legal principles, trends, and considerations and is not intended as specific legal advice regarding your question. This answer does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

2. Steven Alan Fink

Answered . The law allows them to ask you written questions under oath as part of the lawsuit. You can object to improper questions. If you do not answer or make frivolous objections the court can order you to answer and pay sanctions.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of California. Responses are based solely on California law unless stated otherwise.