I was served with CCP 1161.2 What is it?

Asked over 2 years ago - Modesto, CA

My home in Modesto(Stanislaus County) was sold at trustee sale court. I received a letter from the court that states Notice of Restricted Access- CCP 1161.2
I've been packing my things and looking for a rental. This paper doesn't state how long i have to move out? Any idea how long i have before sherrif comes? I did receive a 3 day
notice last week. I thought i would receive a summons so i can reply to the court?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Kevin Samuel Sullivan


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You have 5 days generally to file an answer to the complaint after it is served.

    You should respond to the complaint and then negotiate a settlement with a move out date

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,281 answers this week

3,101 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,281 answers this week

3,101 attorneys answering