I was served notice that my hearing is set for 10pm. Can they call me to change the time of the meeting.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Chicago, IL

Hello. I am trying to get on a ballot for the geneva township clerk. I was objected for having some people sign my pititions who are not registered and or not in our township. Since my meeting is tomorrow there is now way he can get an amended document to me in time. So is it legal to call me and change the time?


Attorney answers (1)

  1. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Since you indicated that you are running for an important public office, a wise campaign policy would be to have a civil litigation attorney review each particular submission, filing, summons and amendments for legality, accuracy and timely appropriate response.
    I personally do not believe that your election campaign would be fairly represented each time you may require a solid legal advice.

    DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

16,220 answers this week

2,221 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

16,220 answers this week

2,221 attorneys answering