I was served notice that my hearing is set for 10pm. Can they call me to change the time of the meeting.

Chicago, IL |

Hello. I am trying to get on a ballot for the geneva township clerk. I was objected for having some people sign my pititions who are not registered and or not in our township. Since my meeting is tomorrow there is now way he can get an amended document to me in time. So is it legal to call me and change the time?

Since you indicated that you are running for an important public office, a wise campaign policy would be to have a civil litigation attorney review each particular submission, filing, summons and amendments for legality, accuracy and timely appropriate response.
I personally do not believe that your election campaign would be fairly represented each time you may require a solid legal advice.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

on Avvo. What I wanted to emphasize, you need a counsel at your disposal.