I was served a (TPO) i received a continuance for 2 weeks, but i need to file a parenting plan for non married parents olympiaWA

i dont have any idea all the forms i need to fill file and/or serve...

Lakewood, WA -

John Groseclose

John Groseclose

Child Custody Lawyer - Port Orchard, WA

The forms that are required can be found on the state court website. The SUMMONS has the website printed on it. You can type Washington state courts into a search engine to get to the site. It does not have instructions. Go to http://www.washingtonlawhelp.org/issues/family-law for forms and instructions. You can also buy a packet at the courthouse. Most courthouses also have a courthouse facilitator that will help you review the papers after you have started them and give you a hand in the local procedure to respond to a hearing or schedule a hearing.

Sponsored Listing
Dave Hawkins

Dave Hawkins

Family Law Attorney - Seattle, WA

That's not surprising -- that's why people hire lawyers -- we're trained in the law. Please hire counsel.

Melissa Marie Denton

Melissa Marie Denton

Family Law Attorney - Olympia, WA

It must have been such a bummer to get served with legal papers that restrict you from your child, even if you knew it might happen. So sorry that your family is going through this. If you want to call me on Monday (357-8669), I can talk briefly with you about what is going on and your options. The other lawyer in my office, T.J. Martin can also give you information if I am not available. Since this is such a bewildering situation you find yourself in, the best thing by far (if you can afford it at all) is to consult with or hire a good quality family law attorney. Best wishes to you and to your child (or children - if you have more than one).

Ask your questions on our Q&A forum. It's free and anonymous.

Need to find an attorney? Browse our lawyer directory.