I was sentence to 6 months in federal prison

Asked 11 months ago - Orlando, FL

I was sentence for conspiracy to commit wire fraud to 6 months , would i get good time credit even though is a short time ?

1. Christopher Robert Dillingham II

6

1

Answered . zNo. Under 18 U.S.C. ยง 3624, you only get credit when you serve more than a year in federal prison, and you would get 54 days per each year served.

2. Robert Jason De Groot

Pro

4

1

Answered . Mr. Dillingham is correct. Did you spend any days in jail at all when you were arrested? Those days should get you some credit.

3. Hernan Hernandez

Pro

4

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

4. Kristin D Figueroa-Contreras

3

1

Answered . Sorry, it has to be at least one year for you to get good time credit. Kind regards.

Please note, the above answer is for general informational purposes only.
  5. Stephen F Wallace

1

1

Answered . If you have already earned your GED or H.S. Diploma, you qualify for good time credit around 14%.

6. Raymond George Wigell

Pro

1

Answered . The sentencing judge determines the sentence based many factors. It appears that several factors caused a reduction in the potential sentence. At a certain point the resultant sentence is either accepted or appealed. It appears that you are at that point in the process.