I was sent to a private mental health behavior facility i was there for 8 days got a 5150. i would like to get this removed

Asked over 1 year ago - Albuquerque, NM

My mother suggested I go for an assessment test in the mental health hospital. I was on drugs at the time and in an abusive relationship for four years. When I was driven I was threatening to kill myself by an overdose. I never overdosed , I was 5150 and left in the institution for 8 days. The docs put me on a lot of meds I signed a bunch of crap I had know idea what I was doing. This has really effected my direction.

I am a pretty and tall female turning 29, i always wanted to join the military. i would like to either get this expunged or sealed or removed or wavered or whatever like study law in order to figure out how this corrupt system works so my life may move on to my dreams. thanks

Additional information

please help me do you think penal code 1203.4 would work for an expungement . i would like to remove this horrible 5150 from my record ???????? Or sealed ...... THank You anyone who may answer.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Stephen D Aarons

    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . It sounds like you have little insight into why your family and the medical team thought you were a danger to yourself and others. Section 5150 of the California Code enables institutions in that State to hold you involuntarily. Whether medical records are public (which I doubt) and if so how to expunge them, is a question that should be directed to a mental health lawyer in that State. Your inquiry shows a Farmington NM location.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,170 answers this week

3,268 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,170 answers this week

3,268 attorneys answering