I was sent a claim from Sedgwick for 10,000.00 dollars for bodily injury against someone, but with no accompanying bills.

Orlando, FL |

this claim is concerning a car accident in Orlando Fl. of which i was found negligent. I asked Sedgwick to provide me with bills to support this claim, but i was told it was against some privacy law. Do i have to pay this bill even though it does not have support documentation

Well, if you refuse to pay without roof, what will they do? sue you? Then they have to provide proof. So if you really think you owe it, let them stew. Get a lawyer to negotiate with them. They will probably settle for less even if you really owe it.

Every situation is different, and good legal advice cannot be given based on a short question without an exploration of all the facts that may bear on your situation. This is not legal advice and no attorney-client relationship has been established.

$10,000 even? So, this is for something other than medical expenses, or the amount would not likely be exactly $10k.

Ask them for a breakdown of the amount. You say your were found negligent. So, what, of anything did the court award the other party?

The above is not intended to be legal advice, but may be used for general information. Please contact an attorney for specific help tailored to your needs. www.figgardenlaw.com

If they are asking you to pay bills, privacy
Is waived.

Have a local lawyer negotiate down the bill.

Who found you negligent. If this is only the "position" of the other insurance company and a judge or jury has not made that determination then their opinion is not binding and can certainly be challenged. You need to clarify the facts here to get a more detailed response.

Is Sedgwick your insurance company? If so, it is only notifying yo8u of a claim against your policy and a demand for your policy limits of $10K. The adjuster evaluates the claim, not you, although you should get a copy of the demand and supporting evidence. The insuranace adjuster, though, decides whetehr to settle, not you.

I am a Florida attorney who practices in the areas of personal injury, criminal defense, and civil rights. You can call me to arrange a free consultation about your case if it is in one of those three areas. My phone number is 407-463-3506. The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertising. Before you decide, ask the firm to send you free written information about the lawyer’s qualifications and experience.

Christopher Robert Dillingham II

Christopher Robert Dillingham II

I apologize for the typographical errors.