I was send an affidavit form to fill from my insurance company ,because of a crash my son had with my car .sure i fill the form?

Asked over 1 year ago - Miami, FL

my son had a cxrash in my car more than a month ago . now my insurance company is sending us an affiadvit for to fill ,sure we fill the form yes or not? ty for ur time

1. Steven Mark Sweat

18

1

Answered . Consult a personal injury attorney in FL before signing anything.

Pro

18

1

Answered . Never sign anything with legal significance without having a local lawyer review it first. You can probably scan and email it to a local lawyer to review.

3. George Costas Andriotis

15

1

Answered . Consult a Florida Personal Injury attorney before filling out or signing anything.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  4. Paul T Zeniewicz

14

Answered . My suggestion is to call a qualified attorney immediately.

5. Matthew A. Dolman

Pro

13

Answered . I would need more information to provide analysis. Before executing any document provided to you by the insurance carrier (whether or not it is your insurance carrier or the adverse party), I would strongly recommend you consult with a licensed and experienced Florida personal injury attorney.

6. Mark Aaron Cornelius

12

Answered . You likely received this because your son was injured in the crash and the insurance company wants to verify whether they have the right to recover any money they paid out. This is only a guess based on the very limited information you have provided, however. You need to speak with a a lawyer regarding this to be sure you are doing the right thing. You should be able to find a qualified Personal Injury lawyer that will spend 30 minutes explaining this matter at no charge.

7. Ian Matthew Thomas

12

Answered . Contact your insurance company or an insurance/personal injury attorney. Although there are not enough facts to know for sure, this sounds like an Affidavit to confirm that you do not have excess insurance coverage over and above your bodily injury and/or property damage coverage under your automobile insurance policy. As others have indicated, if you have any concern, contact an attorney immediately. Best of luck.

8. Matthew C Simon

Pro

13

Answered . Its hard to answer without knowing more information. To be safe, seek a local personal injury attorney who also handles insurance coverage issues. Good luck.

9. Laina Deni Caltagirone

Pro

7

Answered . First, I would like to qualify my answer based on the limited facts given in your question... If I could guess, I'd say the purpose of the affidavit is to find out if your son will qualify for PIP (personal injury protection) benefits under your policy. However, as I do not know the content of the affidavit, that is just a guess. Please keep in mind that, generally, you are required to cooperate with your own insurance company. With all of that being said, I would contact an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible before you respond to the affidavit. Best of luck!