I was send an affidavit form to fill from my insurance company ,because of a crash my son had with my car .sure i fill the form?

Miami, FL |

my son had a cxrash in my car more than a month ago . now my insurance company is sending us an affiadvit for to fill ,sure we fill the form yes or not? ty for ur time

1. Consult a personal injury attorney in FL before signing anything.

Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney client relationship. This is for informational purposes only. Attorney will take no action on your behalf unless and until a written retainer agreement is signed. There are strict time deadlines on filing claims and, as such, you are advised to consult with and retain an attorney immediately to file such claims timely or you will lose any right to recovery. Any testimonials or endorsements should not be construed as a guarantee, warranty or prediction of the outcome of your case.

2. Never sign anything with legal significance without having a local lawyer review it first. You can probably scan and email it to a local lawyer to review.

3. Consult a Florida Personal Injury attorney before filling out or signing anything.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

4. My suggestion is to call a qualified attorney immediately.

5. Its hard to answer without knowing more information. To be safe, seek a local personal injury attorney who also handles insurance coverage issues. Good luck.

The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement.

6. I would need more information to provide analysis. Before executing any document provided to you by the insurance carrier (whether or not it is your insurance carrier or the adverse party), I would strongly recommend you consult with a licensed and experienced Florida personal injury attorney.

This advice should not be construed as forming an attorney-client relationship. Please contact a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction for a consultation and evaluation of your potential claim.

7. You likely received this because your son was injured in the crash and the insurance company wants to verify whether they have the right to recover any money they paid out. This is only a guess based on the very limited information you have provided, however. You need to speak with a a lawyer regarding this to be sure you are doing the right thing. You should be able to find a qualified Personal Injury lawyer that will spend 30 minutes explaining this matter at no charge.

8. Contact your insurance company or an insurance/personal injury attorney. Although there are not enough facts to know for sure, this sounds like an Affidavit to confirm that you do not have excess insurance coverage over and above your bodily injury and/or property damage coverage under your automobile insurance policy. As others have indicated, if you have any concern, contact an attorney immediately. Best of luck.

Ian M. Thomas, Esq. - Tripp Law Firm, P.A. - www.trippfirm.com The above answer should not be construed to constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. This information is intended as educational only and you should seek a qualified and experienced lawyer with questions about your legal rights. The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask for free written information about the lawyer's or law firm's qualifications and experience.

9. First, I would like to qualify my answer based on the limited facts given in your question... If I could guess, I'd say the purpose of the affidavit is to find out if your son will qualify for PIP (personal injury protection) benefits under your policy. However, as I do not know the content of the affidavit, that is just a guess. Please keep in mind that, generally, you are required to cooperate with your own insurance company. With all of that being said, I would contact an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible before you respond to the affidavit. Best of luck!

Please note that such answers to your questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. If you would like to speak with an attorney about your case, please go onto our website www.caltagironelaw.com for more information. Thank you.