I was selected for DV lottery and right now I am in the US with I-94 that will expire in 2016 only. Do I need to file DS 122?

Asked about 1 year ago - New York, NY

I will be applying for adjustment of status as soon as Visa Bulletin permits, no earlier than October 1, 2013. But do I need to file DS-122 prior to that? Or, do i just file AOS package?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

2

Answered . You need to informa KCS that you are here in the US on a valid nonimmigrant status and will be applying here. DS-122 is this very notification. Hence, you have to file it.

2. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . On the facts you give, you should be able to file for adjustment of status.