I was seeing a pain care phy and he fired me because of suspected illegal drug use

Asked about 2 years ago - Summerville, SC

every time i went to see this dr i was subject to a urine test with no signs of illegal drug use on any of the tests. the drug in question was meth i searched the effects of this drug and i have 1-2 of the signs depression being one of them he knew i am see a psych dr but that made no difference on 3 different occasions he had made comments about how i had beautiful legs and on one occasion i showed him my d.l. and he stated that was a very nice picture of me what i look like in that sense is not why i went to him i went to him as a dr ONLY

1. David J. McCormick

1

1

Answered . Not sure what your question is. While to comments may have been unprofessional, most pain management doctors require you to sign a contract agreeing that they are the only doctors that can prescribe your meds. These contracts typically have provision that if you have any positive results for drug use not authorized by them, they have the right to terminate care.

2. Jeffrey Ira Schwimmer

Answered . Setting aside your description of events, there is no question. If you are wondering if a doctor can terminate a doctor-patient relationship, the answer as a general rule is "yes"; although it can't be done so as to cause you injury (forcing you to change doctors is, by itself, not causing you injury).

3. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

Answered . Do you have a specific question?