I was seeing a pain care phy and he fired me because of suspected illegal drug use

Summerville, SC |

every time i went to see this dr i was subject to a urine test with no signs of illegal drug use on any of the tests. the drug in question was meth i searched the effects of this drug and i have 1-2 of the signs depression being one of them he knew i am see a psych dr but that made no difference on 3 different occasions he had made comments about how i had beautiful legs and on one occasion i showed him my d.l. and he stated that was a very nice picture of me what i look like in that sense is not why i went to him i went to him as a dr ONLY

Not sure what your question is. While to comments may have been unprofessional, most pain management doctors require you to sign a contract agreeing that they are the only doctors that can prescribe your meds. These contracts typically have provision that if you have any positive results for drug use not authorized by them, they have the right to terminate care.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

the dr accued me of taking meth 2 times he did perform a urine test (which i did every time i saw him) and not once were my percentage levels off he did accuse me of filling a pain pill perscription that i thought i lost along with my checkbook but my neighbor stole it out of my wallet and filled it i did not fill out a police reort because she is 19 with 2 kids and no longer lives in south carolina when he told me of the script being filled he said he was not going to fire me as a patient the next time i saw him i was under my family physicans order to take sudafed therefore if he did test me i knew i would test positive for amphetimines i feel he unjustly fired me because of the fact i was taking sudafed an ingredient in meth i told him at that visit he is more than welcome to test me but he wanted nothing to do with that now i am going to have his records sent to a new physician which is fine with me but his biased opinion will hurt the chance of me getting a new physician i am dying i have x-rays and mri's and cat scans that show i definitely have avascular necrocis but he said it was all in my head and the only thing wrong with me was i had fibromyalgia in which i probably do bur for the lack of actually medical proof it meant nothing to him now i am going through withdrawls because i have been on pain meds since 2005. when i went to see him i was on 40mg of pain meds which he was able to reduce to 21.5mg it was just enough in my opinion to be able to function i did not like taking such a high doses

Setting aside your description of events, there is no question. If you are wondering if a doctor can terminate a doctor-patient relationship, the answer as a general rule is "yes"; although it can't be done so as to cause you injury (forcing you to change doctors is, by itself, not causing you injury).

Do you have a specific question?