Skip to main content

I was robbed by an employee of a chimney cleaning service, can I sue the company for the loss?

Downingtown, PA |

police have been notified and are investigating

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Yes, you could sue the company and the individual that you believe responsible. - This is not legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. This is for education and informational purposes only. It is always recommended that you contact an attorney with any concerns as each individual case is unique.


Yes you can. Contact a civil litigator and see what is involved.



The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.


Yes. The burden of proof in a criminal case is beyond reasonable doubt. The burden of proof that you would have to surmount in a civil trial is less. Therefore, if the District Attorney is successful in the prosecution, you should be successful in a civil claim. However, this may not be needed if all you want is the damages covered. If found guilty in a criminal case, the responsible party will be ordered to pay "restitution" which means you will eventually get reimbursed for the losses.


yes. if the police take the criminal case and the person is successfully prosecuted, it would be really good evidence against the employee. Suing the employer may require knowledge that they knew the employer had a propensity to steal. Discuss it with a civil attorney.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer