I was required to do one day of community service which i missed. They also allowed me one day of resecheduling will this be ok?

Brooklyn, NY |

Community Service, alternate sentencing

1. Contact your criminal defense lawyer on Monday. Failure to perform community service can result in jail time alternative, depending on the plea deal.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

2. Failure to complete the community service is grounds for a violation of the conditional discharge. This can land you in jail. Speak to the community service office and have the community service rescheduled as soon as possible.

3. You must complete community service. I concur there is usually a 15 day jail alternative and possible charges for probation violation depending on the terms of the plea deal.

Hire a lawyer to protect your legal rights. Good Luck.

THE ESTRELLA LAW FIRM, P.C.

“LEGAL REPRESENTATION AND CONSULTING SERVICES THAT GO THE EXTRA MILE”

--

Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq.
    Licensed Attorney and Counsellor At Law/Abogado y Licensiado

Licensed in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut
    The Estrella Law Firm, P.C.
    75-20 Astoria Boulevard, Suite 170
    Inside The Bulova Corporate Center
    Jackson Heights, NY 11370
    T. (347) 628-2391
    F. (718) 672-4728
    E. Estrella.Jeffrey@gmail.com

www.EstrellaLawyer.com