I was renting a room,a drug bust was done while i was out of town workin.i was blamed ,&police took my car,can they do that?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Russellville, KY

i was 3 counties away,working i was called &told cops went in,and it was a meyh bust,they didnt catch any one,so i was blamed,they had taken my motor cycle,left me message to call i did,now i haveto payall the storage fees,but i disagree,and they want tell me if i have a warrant.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Frank Mascagni III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You need to hire a criminal defense attorney ASAP to check on this. Let your attorney contact the police and see about the release of your seized property. Get counsel now!

    I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this... more
  2. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Yes they can ( a possible constractive possession issue) and yes, you need to discuss the particulars with a good criminal counsel in KY at least briefly.

    DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general... more

Related Topics

Criminal defense

Criminal law establishes the classifications of crimes, how guilt or innocence is determined, and the types of punishment or rehabilitation that may be imposed.

Dennis James Dressler

How much do I tell my lawyer?

Start by telling your lawyer what you are charged with and when you are due to appear in court. From that point on I suggest that you let your lawyer ask you questions and you answer those... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,058 answers this week

3,077 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,058 answers this week

3,077 attorneys answering