I was renting a room,a drug bust was done while i was out of town workin.i was blamed ,&police took my car,can they do that?

Asked over 1 year ago - Russellville, KY

i was 3 counties away,working i was called &told cops went in,and it was a meyh bust,they didnt catch any one,so i was blamed,they had taken my motor cycle,left me message to call i did,now i haveto payall the storage fees,but i disagree,and they want tell me if i have a warrant.

1. Frank Mascagni III

1

Answered . You need to hire a criminal defense attorney ASAP to check on this. Let your attorney contact the police and see about the release of your seized property. Get counsel now!

2. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

2

Answered . Yes they can ( a possible constractive possession issue) and yes, you need to discuss the particulars with a good criminal counsel in KY at least briefly.