I was renting a room,a drug bust was done while i was out of town workin.i was blamed ,&police took my car,can they do that?

Russellville, KY |

i was 3 counties away,working i was called &told cops went in,and it was a meyh bust,they didnt catch any one,so i was blamed,they had taken my motor cycle,left me message to call i did,now i haveto payall the storage fees,but i disagree,and they want tell me if i have a warrant.

Yes they can ( a possible constractive possession issue) and yes, you need to discuss the particulars with a good criminal counsel in KY at least briefly.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602

You need to hire a criminal defense attorney ASAP to check on this. Let your attorney contact the police and see about the release of your seized property. Get counsel now!

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

Police misconduct topics

Recommended articles about Police misconduct