I was recently in an accident. I stopped at a stop sign looked both ways then made a left hand turn. I was hit by a car that wa

Asked over 3 years ago - Lumberton, NJ

speeding down the road and i was issued a ticket. I said i wanted the personto get a ticket because they were speeding and i was told i cannot issue a ticket. .

Pro

1

2

Answered . Unless it was a four-way stop sign, despite the fact that the other car was speeding, you would be cited for failure to yeild. However, if it was a four-way stop sign, retain a traffic court lawyer for a couple hundred bucks and fight the ticket.

Click on the name of the lawyer answering your question to see their profile, and then you can click the view website tab to find out detailed information on your personal injury topic. The information provided on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

2. Randy William Ferguson

Answered . You have no input as to when and if someone else gets a ticket. Did you have any witnesses that can testify you looked and the car was speeding? Your insurance will cover their damage. If they are partly at fault, your insurance company or attorney can deal with it.

The information provided on this website is for general information purposes only. The attorney is licensed in the State of Alabama. No answers or information on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information does not create an attorney-client relationship.

3. Jeffrey Mark Adams

Answered . Your question seems to be 'why can't I issue a ticket'. Only law enforcement may issue tickets. Hope this answeres your inquiry.

4. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

Answered . The officer was correct, you cannot issue a ticket nor can you force him to issue one.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.