I was recently in a car accident where the other driver ran her red light and totaled both of our cars. Do I need a lawyer?

Las Vegas, NV |

Officers gave her a field sobriety test as well as breathalyzer and then arrested her, however they never mentioned to me if she was drunk. I did not take the ER ride and went to the hospital a few hours after the incident. I was advised by the doctor not to work for at least 4 or 5 days. My body is bruised, cut and sore, gets worse as time goes by. She admitted multiple times on site that this was her fault and that she had run the red light. I had a green turn arrow to turn left as she was going straight and slammed into my car. Do I need to hire a lawyer to handle these problems?

You do not have to hire a lawyer, however, I would strongly urge you to do so. The ins co adjuster has been trained how to minimize your claim. You need someone to fight for you to get you what you deserve. Also, there may be compensation your are entitled to that the ins co will not tell you about. Do not give any statements to the other side's insurance company. Get a lawyer and protect yourself.

The information provided should not be considered legal advice. I am not licensed to practice in any State other than SC. The results of your case will depend on the presentation of evidence, the law and other factors that may change depending on an in depth analysis of the facts of the case. Please see an attorney before making legal decisions.

In my opinion, yes. If you were injured, you should hire an attorney.

Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney client relationship. This is for informational purposes only. Attorney will take no action on your behalf unless and until a written retainer agreement is signed. There are strict time deadlines on filing claims and, as such, you are advised to consult with and retain an attorney immediately to file such claims timely or you will lose any right to recovery.

Yes. Immediately.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in his legal services, feel free to call Chris at (303) 409-7635 at his law office in the Denver Tech Center. All initial consultations are free of charge.

The reason you need a lawyer is to maximize your damage claim, not to prove liability. My firm of Reed & Mansfield charges only a 25% contingency fee when the police report blames the other party and not you. The issue here is whether having me represent you will increase your settlement by more than my 25% fee. I think the answer is clearly yes. I consider my 25% fee in such cases a low, discount, fee because you are not paying for me to plaster the highway with billboards and to run tv commercials every 15 minutes.

Like my esteemed colleagues, I highly recommend that you call a personal injury attorney immediately. Most likely you will not be able to get as large of a settlement if you try it alone.

You should see a doctor & then get a lawyer!!!!!!!!

The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Howard Roitman, Esq. and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.

Even if you choose not to ultimately hire a lawyer, I strongly recommend speaking to one. I provide free consultations and would be happy to speak with you about your case free of charge.

The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement. You should seek the advice of competent counsel before taking any action related to your inquiry.

DUI topics