I was recently in a car accident where the other driver ran her red light and totaled both of our cars. Do I need a lawyer?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Las Vegas, NV

Officers gave her a field sobriety test as well as breathalyzer and then arrested her, however they never mentioned to me if she was drunk. I did not take the ER ride and went to the hospital a few hours after the incident. I was advised by the doctor not to work for at least 4 or 5 days. My body is bruised, cut and sore, gets worse as time goes by. She admitted multiple times on site that this was her fault and that she had run the red light. I had a green turn arrow to turn left as she was going straight and slammed into my car. Do I need to hire a lawyer to handle these problems?

1. C Steven Moskos

9

Answered . You do not have to hire a lawyer, however, I would strongly urge you to do so. The ins co adjuster has been trained how to minimize your claim. You need someone to fight for you to get you what you deserve. Also, there may be compensation your are entitled to that the ins co will not tell you about. Do not give any statements to the other side's insurance company. Get a lawyer and protect yourself.

2. Christopher Daniel Leroi

Pro

9

Answered . Yes. Immediately.

3. Jared Reed Richards

5

Answered . Like my esteemed colleagues, I highly recommend that you call a personal injury attorney immediately. Most likely you will not be able to get as large of a settlement if you try it alone.

4. Steven Mark Sweat

6

Answered . In my opinion, yes. If you were injured, you should hire an attorney.

5. Jonathan Craig Reed

Pro

4

Answered . The reason you need a lawyer is to maximize your damage claim, not to prove liability. My firm of Reed & Mansfield charges only a 25% contingency fee when the police report blames the other party and not you. The issue here is whether having me represent you will increase your settlement by more than my 25% fee. I think the answer is clearly yes. I consider my 25% fee in such cases a low, discount, fee because you are not paying for me to plaster the highway with billboards and to run tv commercials every 15 minutes.

6. Howard Robert Roitman

Pro

4

Answered . You should see a doctor & then get a lawyer!!!!!!!!

7. Lawrence W. Freiman

1

Answered . Even if you choose not to ultimately hire a lawyer, I strongly recommend speaking to one. I provide free consultations and would be happy to speak with you about your case free of charge.