I was recently in a car accident - tbone collision - not sure what I can or should do regarding pain and suffering

Kent, WA |

The accident was not my fault, the other driver is insured through Amica and I am insured through Geico. Geico has been wonderful, but the folks at Amica seem to be non-existant. I've called them a few times and left messages but they never return my calls.

Be smart, retain a local experienced personal injury attorney.

Sorry to hear that. You really should consult with an attorney ASAP.

First, if you have not done so, go to see your doctor, and then follow your doctor's instructions. You should also consult with a lawyer. Finally, do not give a recorded statement to Amica before you hire an attorney.

DISCLAIMER: This answer is provided for general purposes only, and is not intended as legal advice made in an attorney and client relationship and there is no attorney and client relationship between the person asking the question and this answering attorney. The answer provided is based on the information provided, and the answer could change if the facts differ in any way from those stated in the answer. For a definitive answer you should seek legal advice from an attorney who (1) is licensed to practice in the state which has jurisdiction; (2) has experience in the area of law you are asking about, and (3) you have retained as your attorney for representation or consultation.

You need a good local attorney. You will get a fair settlement.

Jason Schauer
206-420-7112

Andrew Lawrence Weitz

Andrew Lawrence Weitz

You must be kidding. Shameless self promotion is one thing; outright solicitation of business is against the model rules of professional conduct as well as the local rules in every jurisdiction in the country. it is also against the rules of Avvo. your guarantee (that's what "you will" means) of a fair settlement is laughable. my fair and your fair are guaranteed to be different. I hope your rhetoric in front of a jury is not as vapid as your solicitation here. if it is, I pity your five star review clients, who obviously were sold a bill of goods. solicitation of business is demeaning to the profession and is prohibited for good reason. FLAGGED FOR REMOVAL

Jason Henry Schauer

Jason Henry Schauer

Wow. Who are you pal. And who cares? who guaranteed anything. Aren't we all here to help people and get business all the same. So you troll Washington auto cases why now? you practice law for free? awesome. Your reading of the rules is ridiculous. I am responding to an inquiry in my jurisdiction from someone injured in an auto accident. Stay in NY pal.

Andrew Lawrence Weitz

Andrew Lawrence Weitz

You don't know my name? You haven't been paying attention. I don't troll anywhere. My national credentials stem from my partnership in a national law firm, The Cochran Firm, Weitz, Kleinick & Weitz. You won't find it listed in my history because I don't trade on the name of my deceased partner. I don't need to. I mention it here because you asked who I am. I do, at times, practice law for free. I do so especially when answering questions on Avvo, whose tag line is "Free legal advice." I enjoy helping people. I am fortunate enough to have been successful enough to do so. I don't solicit business. Business comes to me because I provide constructive answers to difficult questions. You can continue to shamelessly self promote and get your clients "fair" results. I will continue to provide real answers to real questions, tens of thousands of people will continue to see me on Avvo, thousands will mark my answers as helpful, and clients will seek me out for my excellent results. Avvo is not attorney advertising. A benefit of answering questions is that people might follow up with you. The Model Rules DO prohibit solicitation. Advertising is not an exception to this rule, it is a distinction with a difference.

Jason Henry Schauer

Jason Henry Schauer

Mmmm hmmmm. Slow Friday I see. Boy am I glad you don't practice that world-renowned law of yours in Seattle. Who could compete with you?

Andrew Lawrence Weitz

Andrew Lawrence Weitz

I guess I've been bested by a sodden lawyer. I shall humbly retreat to my well appointed corner and continue to practice exceptionally with exceptional attorneys. I regret that I have been run out of Seattle by a lawyer who promises "fair" results. oh yeah, it's Saturday, not Friday. maybe all that rain has slowed down time for you, which might be good for you. slowing things down, that is.

Andrew Lawrence Weitz

Andrew Lawrence Weitz

and just so you don't feel too high and mighty, here is a cut and paste from the community guidelines:Play nice This should be pretty self-explanatory, but here are some specifics: Avoid posting content that is deliberately hostile, insulting, provocative, bigoted, etc. Personal attacks and hate speech are expressly forbidden. Commercial or direct solicitations other than paid ads or within a professional's profile will be removed. For example language that includes but not limited to "call me, contact me, go to my website for further information". Spam or content that is irrelevant to the question will also be removed. Avoid only posting the statement "I Agree" in the answers without any other information. We have an "I Agree" button that can be used. Accusations that are unsupported by specific facts will be removed. This applies to all areas of the website: client reviews, comments, peer endorsements, Q&A forums, etc. Please note that Avvo does not verify accusations or other information posted. Client reviews that appear to have been submitted by someone other than an actual or prospective client will not be posted. can you admit when you're wrong?

Jason Henry Schauer

Jason Henry Schauer

Pal. No one knows of you or asked you for anything from. Leadt of which your opinion. Please retreat and go back to your well-appointed office and try not to get into trouble.

Andrew Lawrence Weitz

Andrew Lawrence Weitz

can you read? read the rules for the forum. if you have any integrity you will acknowledge that you wrong about soliciting business on Avvo. and please note, I have no desire to be your phony blue collar epithet "Pal." I obviously have struck a nerve. I do my research, which keeps me out of trouble. it's good to know you've been asking around about me. I thought you had better things to do. anyway, I'm finished playing with you. go back to your five and dime practice and solicit away.

Jason Henry Schauer

Jason Henry Schauer

That's cute. You think I asked around. Awww. All you need is love. A great man once said that. Take care Andrew. And let me know if I can get you a mental health provider referral.

Andrew Lawrence Weitz

Andrew Lawrence Weitz

Right after you buddy

Andrew Lawrence Weitz

Andrew Lawrence Weitz

Are we done yet?

Andrew Lawrence Weitz

Andrew Lawrence Weitz

BTW, Where were you from 2007 to 2010. that's quite a gap in employment. unless you were deployed, in which case you have my thanks and respect in that regard.

Andrew Lawrence Weitz

Andrew Lawrence Weitz

30

Jason Henry Schauer

Jason Henry Schauer

Listen pal. I realize you are an upset, angry, bitter little man who attended some nondescript fourth-tier law school and are probably a little upset over it all and God knows what else. But I am not the cause of whatever it is that ails you nor is this the solution. I'm sure you are an intelligent, capable man. Given your national reputation and everything. Walk away pal. Your "tough" talk 3,000 miles away is just sad really.

Andrew Lawrence Weitz

Andrew Lawrence Weitz

personal attacks, again? where were you? the three years is one year longer than your average tenure. bitter, no. offended by your pedestrian arrogance? certainly. I asked if we were done. you obviously don't want to end this. are you getting some kind of thrill being the big fish in a small market taking on the New Yorker? you will lose every time. you just can't let it go, can you? by way of education, of which you have little of any quality, "30" does not refer to the number of your stellar client reviews, it is used in journalism to signal the end of an article. so, I ask again, are we finished yet? can you get back to me with a civilized answer signifying a desire to wrap this up? vitriol need not be employed.

Jason Henry Schauer

Jason Henry Schauer

Mayonaise

Go to your doctor and get treated if you sufferef injuries. Do noyt talk to Amica or anyone els. Hire a PI lawyer and let him advice you/

This answer is provided by California Accident Attorney Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., 510-206-4492. Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. Abogado de Lesiones de Accidentes de Autos, provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. Oakland Abogado Accidentes Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Accidentes de carros, Abogado de accidentes de Peatones, practices in Antioch, Berkeley, Concord, Oakland, Hayward, Martinez, Newark, Richmond, San Francisco and San Rafael. El abogado de lesiones y heridos en accidentes de autos, is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Heridos en Accidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Abogado de Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, Abogado de Accidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.

See an attorney. even poor communication insurance groups communicate better with counsel than with an injured party. One might opine some adjusters want you to feel frustrated and hopeless so you'll just want to move on faster. their focus is not your needs, but the company they work for. When you retain counsel, you are the focus of the attorney.

The at fault driver's insurance company will never treat you with the respect you deserve until you hire an attorney. I highly recommend talking with one of us before taking any action on this case. There are so many pitfalls that await the innocent victim that tries to deal with these greedy and unethical insurance companies. For example, if you sign a check they send you (and owe you), the second you cash it you have settled your case forever, even if you didn't know that the check represented that kind of release and settlement. I would be happy to take a look at your case for you and give you my opinion on what kind of case you have and what your results might be.

Retain a local personal injury lawyer to get compensation

You should make an appointment with a personal injury attorney to assist you.

The information on this website is not intended to be legal advice.

In most cases you can expect the other party's insurance company to be quite adversarial.

An initial consultation with a personal injury attorney costs you nothing.

This answer is based on limited information provided and is not a substitute for legal advise. No attorney-client relationship is created. To protect your interests it is best to seek a private consultation with an attorney.

It's rude for Amica to have ignored your calls, but it is actually a blessing in disguise. You should not talk to the opposing insurance company at all until you get a lawyer. If Amica calls you back before you can hire a lawyer, I'd suggest that you politely tell them that you want to retain a lawyer before you talk to them. That should end it.

I hope you are not thinking you can save money by representing yourself. Yes, a lawyer will charge you a percentage of the recovery, but the total amount recovered is almost always going to be significantly higher if you retain an attorney. And a good attorney will walk you through the process and make sure that your own insurer lives up to all of its obligations.

I spent the first 25 years of my legal career working mostly for insurance companies. I know for a fact that they tend to deeply "discount" the settlement value of any claim in which the injured person does not have an attorney. And, without an attorney, you won't really know how the negotiation game is played. Bite the bullet.