Skip to main content

I was recently in a car accident - tbone collision - not sure what I can or should do regarding pain and suffering

Kent, WA |

The accident was not my fault, the other driver is insured through Amica and I am insured through Geico. Geico has been wonderful, but the folks at Amica seem to be non-existant. I've called them a few times and left messages but they never return my calls.

Attorney Answers 11

  1. Be smart, retain a local experienced personal injury attorney.

  2. Sorry to hear that. You really should consult with an attorney ASAP.

  3. First, if you have not done so, go to see your doctor, and then follow your doctor's instructions. You should also consult with a lawyer. Finally, do not give a recorded statement to Amica before you hire an attorney.

    DISCLAIMER: This answer is provided for general purposes only, and is not intended as legal advice made in an attorney and client relationship and there is no attorney and client relationship between the person asking the question and this answering attorney. The answer provided is based on the information provided, and the answer could change if the facts differ in any way from those stated in the answer. For a definitive answer you should seek legal advice from an attorney who (1) is licensed to practice in the state which has jurisdiction; (2) has experience in the area of law you are asking about, and (3) you have retained as your attorney for representation or consultation.

  4. You need a good local attorney. You will get a fair settlement.

    Jason Schauer

  5. Go to your doctor and get treated if you sufferef injuries. Do noyt talk to Amica or anyone els. Hire a PI lawyer and let him advice you/

    This answer is provided by California Accident Attorney Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., 510-206-4492. Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. Abogado de Lesiones de Accidentes de Autos, provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. Oakland Abogado Accidentes Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Accidentes de carros, Abogado de accidentes de Peatones, practices in Antioch, Berkeley, Concord, Oakland, Hayward, Martinez, Newark, Richmond, San Francisco and San Rafael. El abogado de lesiones y heridos en accidentes de autos, is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Heridos en Accidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Abogado de Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, Abogado de Accidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.

  6. See an attorney. even poor communication insurance groups communicate better with counsel than with an injured party. One might opine some adjusters want you to feel frustrated and hopeless so you'll just want to move on faster. their focus is not your needs, but the company they work for. When you retain counsel, you are the focus of the attorney.

  7. The at fault driver's insurance company will never treat you with the respect you deserve until you hire an attorney. I highly recommend talking with one of us before taking any action on this case. There are so many pitfalls that await the innocent victim that tries to deal with these greedy and unethical insurance companies. For example, if you sign a check they send you (and owe you), the second you cash it you have settled your case forever, even if you didn't know that the check represented that kind of release and settlement. I would be happy to take a look at your case for you and give you my opinion on what kind of case you have and what your results might be.

  8. Retain a local personal injury lawyer to get compensation

  9. You should make an appointment with a personal injury attorney to assist you.

    The information on this website is not intended to be legal advice.

  10. In most cases you can expect the other party's insurance company to be quite adversarial.

    An initial consultation with a personal injury attorney costs you nothing.

    This answer is based on limited information provided and is not a substitute for legal advise. No attorney-client relationship is created. To protect your interests it is best to seek a private consultation with an attorney.

  11. It's rude for Amica to have ignored your calls, but it is actually a blessing in disguise. You should not talk to the opposing insurance company at all until you get a lawyer. If Amica calls you back before you can hire a lawyer, I'd suggest that you politely tell them that you want to retain a lawyer before you talk to them. That should end it.

    I hope you are not thinking you can save money by representing yourself. Yes, a lawyer will charge you a percentage of the recovery, but the total amount recovered is almost always going to be significantly higher if you retain an attorney. And a good attorney will walk you through the process and make sure that your own insurer lives up to all of its obligations.

    I spent the first 25 years of my legal career working mostly for insurance companies. I know for a fact that they tend to deeply "discount" the settlement value of any claim in which the injured person does not have an attorney. And, without an attorney, you won't really know how the negotiation game is played. Bite the bullet.

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics