I was recently detained in a Mental Health Facility, against my will and was refused counsel, had allergic reactions to drugs

Asked 11 months ago - Port Townsend, WA

I reported to the police that I was worried that "if my father attacked me, I might hurt him." The officer reported that I was simply afraid I might hurt my father, I was detained, no evaluation was given until I was taken to a different county's hospital. There they forced drugs that I reported allergic reactions on me, double dosed me on different drugs, reported my whereabouts to individuals (not law enforcement) outside the hospital without my permission, I was refused counsel for four days and then when I attempted to appeal the courts decision the public defenders refused to help me. They also lied to me and said that Jehovah witnesses are allowed to give blood, which they are not, I had recently started being a practicing Jehovah's witness. My father had been acting violently.

1. Richard Marc Katz

Pro

Answered . In California a person can be held under the CA WELFARE AND INSTITUTIONS CODE SECTION 5150, which permits a hold for 72 hours of any person, as a result of mental disorder, is a danger to others, or to himself or herself. Many states have similar laws. You need to consult with a private Washington lawyer to determine your rights, whether they were violated and remedies that might be available to you.