I was recently charged with verbal harassment by a Houston attorney because I made a post about him on The website The Dirty.

Asked 12 months ago - Houston, TX

I recently made a post about a Houston attorney on The Dirty which is a website that exposes liars that are club goers. He had me charged with verbal harassment for other things but not this post. He lied about the circumstances of our relationship to have me charged. I do have texts to prove that he is lying and he has been interacting on the site as well. On the site he also claimed I had been charged with a felony when I had not. Can he be disbarred for lying to the police and for lying online?

1. Edward James Kazaleh

4

Answered . It sound like you need help not available at this site. Please contact the Grievance Committee/Complaints at the State Bar of Texas. www.texasbar.com

2. Andrew Mark Jaffe

Pro

3

Answered . When you say you were charged, do you mean a law suit was filed or that the attorney put up a post about you.

If you have been sued, get an attorney immediately!

If you have issues with an attorney who represented you, you can also contact the local bar association and ask for their assistance in dealing with this matter.

3. Mark Raafat Malek

Pro

2

Answered . I do not understand what you mean by "charged." Sounds like you need an attorney to deal with your former attorney. Not many attorneys like to give the advice of "file a grievance," but the state bar associations are there for a reason. If indeed you believe that the attorney has engaged in misconduct, they you may find some assistance there.

The answer to this question is for informational purposes only and does not form an attorney-client relationship.