Skip to main content

I was recently charged with minor in consumption what can I do to not get a criminal record.

Denton, TX |

I was in my car sleeping because I had too much to drink. The police officer approached my friend who told the officer I had too much too drink. The officer then approached me and I admitted I had too much to drink. The officer then took my license and and gave me the ticket with the court date. I am pre med med student and can not have a criminal record.

Attorney Answers 4

  1. I suggest contacting a dui/dwi attorney from NCDD who can help you fight the charges.

  2. Hire a ticket attorney. They don't charge much and will know how to get the case dismissed and expunged completely from your record. Feel free to call my office if you need a referral in the DFw area.

    Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.

  3. Give me a call. I work closely with the prosecutor for city of Denton. We can make sure that this is taken care of in a way that allows you to get whats called an Expunction. An expunction will destroy any and all records relating to the arrest, and allow you refrain from disclosing it in the future. Considering your field of study and future career, it is very important that you take this matter seriously, and hire someone who deals with these kinds of situations. Call me and I'll discuss what we can do in a free consultation. Thank you, and good luck.

    IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: Any information provided herein should NOT be solely relied upon without consulting an attorney who is licensed to practice in the jurisdiction of your legal matter. Although diligent effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained herein, we cannot guarantee that the information is accurate in regard to your specific circumstances. No Attorney-Client relationship is formed by the use of any information found herein, or the submission of information via any form on this Website. The statements included in this website are intended to provide the reader with a basic understanding of the legal system. They are not intended to be solely relied upon as legal advice. In addition, because the law is constantly changing, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information provided herein, as it may not be fully current with all applicable law. ALWAYS consult an attorney regarding your individual circumstance.

  4. You will need an attorney, when you have one, ask that attorney to request deferred prosecution. If the ADA agrees, and the judge allows it, you will be given the opportunity to prove you can make smarter choices (avoid any illegal behavior), and not have a finding of delinquency on your record. Good Luck.

    This answer is general information which does not establish any attorney-client relationship between the person asking a question and the person answering, or a duty to respond to ongoing questions; nor is it intended to replace competent legal assistance in the jurisdiction where the matter/issue arises or is before a Court.

DUI topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics