I was recently charged with 1st time summary offense of criminal mischief, i plead not guilty. what is my next step?

Asked about 1 year ago - Export, PA

I have never been charged with anything before. I gave in my plea of not guilty. I have a hearing and I was wondering what to bring to defend myself because its bogus. My charges for some strange reason weren't even sent or addressed to me. They were addressed to my sister. Can that work in my advantage?

1. Adam D. Zucker

Pro

3

Answered . The best thing you can do is get an attorney to assist you. Don't try to do this on your own.

2. Lidia L. Alperovich

Pro

1

Answered . You need an experienced criminal defense attorney

3. William A. Jones Jr.

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with my learned colleagues, you need the assistance of a qualified criminal defense attorney to defend you. Please do not fall into the trap of believing that the "bogus" charges will work themselves out the way they should. A defense attorney is there to help achieve the best possible outcome for you; on your own anything could happen. Good luck.

4. Robert Patrick Link

Pro

1

Answered . It may not seem serious, but if you are found guilty it will be on your criminal record for at least five years. You should definitely look into hiring an attorney. You won't be given any free passes if you show up without one.

5. William Ray Pelger

1

Answered . Get a lawyer asap. You may have a defense, and if not, as a first timer, you may be able to get out of this.