I was recently caught shoplifting at Walmart with an item worth $29. I am 16 and this is my first offense. What can I expect?

Asked 8 months ago - San Antonio, TX

Walmart took down my information and the police "arrested" me but I never left the Walmart premises and was released to my parents when they arrived

1. Deepali Meenu Walters

1

Answered . A ticket for a theft under fifty dollars will be prosecuted by the city attorney's office in municipal court. You can fight it or go to the court and ask for deferred adjudication probation. Don't just pay the fine and take a conviction/adjudication.

2. JaPaula C Kemp

Answered . If you are charged with theft by the D.A.'s office, you will need to hire a lawyer that practices in the area of juvenile law. Because the merchandise is under $50 it is a class C misdemeanor. A lawyer will be able to evaluate the case and assist you with obtaining the best possible outcome. Good luck.

3. Michael Wayne Goolsby

Pro

Answered . Make sure you hire a lawyer as soon as possible. You don't want this theft case haunting you for the rest of your life. A good lawyer will be able to set this case up so that you can have it expunged from your record. once you are done.