Skip to main content

I was rear ended while sitting at a red light, have a handicapped licence plate as well.Man was on his phone

Rocky Mount, NC |

Sorry. With phone still in hand. He came to my car an asked me an passenger were we ok, he was sorry.I had little damage to my car, my neck was broken,I had surgery, medal plate in neck and 10 screws. Can I sue my ins co also for pain & suffering. Gentleman admitted fault. We have same ins co. Help !!!!!!!!

Attorney Answers 10

  1. Contact a qualified personal injury attorney who practices in NC asap. What have you been waiting for?

    Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff

  2. you may need to consult with an attorney. You may need to pursue the person who injured you and may have a secondary claim for medpay coverage with your own insurance. If he did not have insurance you may need to make a claim against your own insurance.
    You also have an aggravation of your already hurting neck pain. Due to the previous surgery, this is the type of case you may want to ask an attorney some questions about how to move forward.

  3. Yes. I would suggest that you contact a personal injury attorney assist you with the matter.

  4. Contact an experienced personal injury attorney to assist you on the claim and to ensure your rights are protected. Often, if there is minimal damage to the vehicle and complicated medical issues an attorney will be needed.

    This information is provided for general purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is created with the furnishing of this information. Attorney licensed in North Carolina only.

  5. Immediately consult with an experienced personal injury attorney.

  6. It sounds like you've suffered serious injuries as a result of the accident. You need to immediately consult with a personal injury attorney to assist you in pursuing your claims against the other driver. Personal injury attorneys typically handle cases on a contingency fee basis and give free consultations. Use the Find a Lawyer tab on Avvo to find one in your area. Best of luck to you...

    THESE COMMENTS MUST NOT BE CONSIDERED LEGAL ADVICE. Comments made on websites such as are provided for information purposes only, and you should not base a decision to act or refrain from acting based upon this answer. The only way to determine how the law may apply to your particular situation is to consult with an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation. That relationship is established by the execution of a written agreement for legal services. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.

  7. Consult with a personal injury lawyer in your area. Don't talk to his insurance company and don't try to handle the case on your own.

  8. You can certainly retain a local personal injury lawyer. Avvo has a terrific "find a lawyer" tool to locate a top-rated Avvo attorney with a low contingency fee. Good luck.

  9. You can sue the other driver and you may be able to sue your own insurance company for UM coverage. You need to hire an experienced personal injury lawyer to help you with your case.

  10. You know what you need to do-use the "Find a Lawyer" tool bar on AVVO and get a free consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney. Make sure the attorney does their own litigation-filing suit etc.. and does their own trial work. Good Luck--Don't give statements until you speak to such an attorney.

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics