I was rear ended recently and my car went forward and hit the car in front of me. I have neck pain/back pain:/

Asked about 1 year ago - Modesto, CA

Im injured but I have no health coverage? What can I do?. Accident occured oct.4,2013 around 11am. Insurance company are still filing the claim. Any suggestions? ?

1. Fernando Davin Vargas

Pro

14

1

Answered . You need to not speak to any of the insurance companies; not even yours. Then, immediately consult with an attorney who can send you for treatment without you having to pay any monies out of your pocket. Most lawyers will consult with you for free and you can find someone in your area through the Avvo search finder. Do not delay because the longer it takes for you to get in to be examined by a doctor and start your treatment, the more the value of your case will be prejudiced. Best of luck!

2. Malosack Berjis

13

1

Answered . Sorry to hear about your accident. You need to contact a personal injury attorney ASAP. The majority of us offer free consultations and can set you up with a doctor--so, don't worry about any out-of-pocket costs.

3. Alan Ray Barnes

13

Answered . You need to talk to a personal injury lawyer. Medical care is often available on a lien basis - you get the care you need, and the providers are paid from your settlement.

4. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

10

Answered . If you were rear ended then you are eligible to recover for all your medical bills, pain and suffering, mental distress, wage loss, future wage loss, etc. You must call an experienced PI lawyer right away. Best of luck.

5. Jacob Adam Regar

9

Answered . Health care providers are often willing to treat a personal injury victim on a lien basis if the victim is represented by a personal injury attorney whom the health care providers trust did a good job during the client intake phase of the case. By this I mean, the personal injury attorney would have interviewed the client to determine whether the other driver will more than likely be found liable for causing the collision, that they had a driver's license, active liability insurance at the time of the collision, whether there are witnesses to the accident, whether the police responded and took down a traffic collision report, and whether the client had active liability insurance at the time of the collision.

You should definitely contact a personal injury attorney in your area and ask for a consultation. If a personal injury attorney accepts your case, they will probably be able to help you find necessary medical care on a lien basis. But, just make sure you ask the attorney if treating on a lien basis makes sense under the facts of your particular case.

If the other driver's insurance company completes their investigation of liability and coverage and determines for some reason that coverage on the vehicle that rear ended you was not in force and effect at the time of the collision, you may be facing an uphill battle of trying to recover your damages from a defendant who has difficulty paying for your losses. When you sign a lien you are still on the hook with the health care provider regardless of the outcome of your case against the other driver.

These are important considerations. But when you have been injured in a collision and your body needs treatment to heal, receiving prompt medical care is crucial. It's a lot to consider on your own. That's why it's so important to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney to gain a better understanding of what makes sense for your case.

6. Allister Rex Liao

Pro

9

Answered . It sounds to me your question is: How do I get medical treatment for my injuries without health insurance?

In response to that, here are some suggestions that you might want to look into (by no means is this an exhaustive list):

(A) Medical Payment Coverage - automobile insurance policies may have a coverage for medical services that are derived from injuries sustained during a motor-vehicle collision. Check the automobile insurance policies to determine (1) whether or not there is this type of coverage, (2) how much coverage there is, and (3) if there are any time limits to using said coverage.

(B) Medical Lien - some medical facilities/physicians are willing to provide medical services without advance payment. Instead they will ask for you to pay for the services from the compensation that you receive from your personal injury case. This is what is referred to as a "medical lien." Usually medical facilities/physicians shy away from this option without an attorney handling the case, and even when an attorney is handling the case it isn't always that easy to find a medical facility/physician that will accept this option.

(C) Self Pay - you can always pay for medical treatment on your own. Some medical facilities/physicians will work with you in creating a payment plan or offer an uninsured patient discount. Make sure you discuss with the medical facility/physician that you will be self-paying and to inquire ahead of time what discounts or payment plans they offer. Sometimes this is the only option available.

As always, you are strongly advised to speak with a licensed attorney to fully evaluate your case and to guide you in determining the best course of action in these types of situations. Most, if not all, offer a free consultation for personal injury cases as that is the industry standard - take advantage of it!

Best of luck to you!

7. Christopher John Gansen

Pro

8

Answered . Contact a local PI lawyer. They can also get you treatment. Don't hesitate; call tomorrow.

Pro

7

Answered . I would suggest a personal injury lawyer....I know, surprise, surprise...

9. Robert Bruce Kopelson

5

Answered . It has been a week and you havent been seen by a doctor. Id go to the county hospital They cant turn you away. Best to see someone asap and get on record all of your injuries/complaints. Check your auto policy to see if you have any med pay coverage.

10. Michael Shemtoub

3

Answered . I live and work in California and deal with accidents like yours, so I am happy to answer your question. The answer to your question is your gut instinct is right that you want to know what you are entitled to ; you are entitled to having your medical bills covered and other out of pocket expenses. Our firm does not usually settle cases until the client is 100%. We look at the case as a whole and attempt to figure out what the settlement should be. The insurance company will make you believe that your case is worth very little... Regarding pain and suffering, you need to speak to an experienced attorney that can strategize your case. Just because you were in an accident doesn't mean you have pain and suffering, at least thats what the insurance companies think. Make no doubt about it you have a great case, but you need help from a professional. You are entitled to your medical bills being covered as well.

Do you feel that you are at the same medical condition that you were before the accident? As a basic premise I wouldn't handle your claim by yourself. The attorney you hired can likely refer you to a doctor, if you ask for one, who will see you with no upfront payment! I've done this many times to help my clients out. You should not wait a single day to hire a lawyer, we will advise you on the strategy of your case. There is no upfront cost to hire an attorney.

With a case like yours it seems like you have some good facts in order to get a high settlement, but your case definitely needs to be developed further to corroborate your story. The most important thing when building your case are: liability (were you at fault); how bad are your injuries to your body. A lot of these things sound like they are not complete yet in your case so its something that is worth hiring an attorney for in order to get a sense of whether you have a case and what the strategy would be for you to build a strong case! I've handled cases and/or spoken to clients in the Modesto, CA area.

Its very possible that your case is worth more than the $$$ that the insurance company will offer you by yourself. Make your life easier and call an attorney today, you won't regret it. We give free consultations!

11. Nareg Sarkis Kitsinian

1

Answered . I'm sorry to hear of your injury. You should speak with an experienced persona injury attorney as soon as possible. An attorney can negotiate with the insurance companies for you, send you to treatment with no out of pocket costs to you and obtain the highest settlement for your damages.