I Was Rear Ended In A Store Parking Lot.

Asked 9 months ago - Los Angeles, CA

I Was Rear Ended In A Store Parking Lot. The Other Driver Did Not Contact His Insurance Company. I Call There Insurance Company And Was Told They Could Not Locate There Client. My Insurance Company Fixed My Car. I Have Medical Bills And A Deductible. Who Can I Sue In Small Claims The Insurance Company Or The Driver Of The Other Vehicle They Were Insured.

1. Robert Steven Walch

11

Answered . Your suit would be against the driver and owner(s) of the vehicle that hit you.

2. Sagar P. Parikh

9

Answered . You can sue the driver.

3. Richard Marc Katz

Pro

9

Answered . If you suffered injury you should contact a personal injury attorney.

You likely have uninsured motorist coverage on your vehicle. If the other company is denying coverage because of lack of cooperation of their insured then you can make an uninsured motorist claim.

If you did not have uninsured motorist coverage things become much more problematic. One option is small claims court.

Depending on the nature and extent of your injury, I would suggest you may want to discuss your matter with a personal injury or car accident attorney to learn what options you have.

Good Luck

4. Robert Bruce Kopelson

6

Answered . You can consult with a local attorney. If big enough for them to take the case, great. Otherwise you can put a demand package together to send to the other ins and try to settle the claim. If they wont make a reasonable offer, you can then sue the owner and driver of the car. You can get no more than 10k for property damage in Small claims court, and no more than 7500.00 for injury.

5. Christopher John Gansen

Pro

6

Answered . You'd sue the driver, not the ins. co.

6. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

Pro

4

Answered . Sue the driver. Best of luck.

7. Scott J. Corwin

Pro

4

Answered . If you were injured in an accident that caused by the negligence of another driver, you can absolutely sue the other motorist for any damages incurred to you or your property. You should consult with a personal injury attorney to review the facts of the case and proceed from there. Without more information about the other motorists insurance coverage or your own for that matter, it would not be fair to you to give you an off the cuff response. I offer free consultations to all victims of motor vehicle accidents to help people understand their legal rights following an accident. I wish you the best of luck.

Pro

5

Answered . Small claims for deductible, yes

9. Joseph L. Benson II

5

Answered . You can sue only those parties you know about. If you obtained his driver's license number you should be able to locate through the DMV. Suing the insurance company will get you no where as they have a duty to defend and indemnify the insured driver. Often your insurance company will perform inter company arbitration to determine liability for the accident, which will often decide the deductible payment. The SIU or special investigative unit may follow up on that accident to verify facts, and can help you with the investigation. Certainly a CA licensed attorney should be consulted for the procedural and substantive know how.