I was rear ended in a company vehicle while off work driving home. I was injured. Could I sue there insurance company?

Asked about 1 year ago - Lexington, KY

I went to the ER was diagnosed with cervical sprain and lower spine sprain. I have not been cleared to work in almost 2 weeks. I'm still in pain. I have not heard from her insurance company. I had to file workmans comp when I went to the hospital. Im not sure on what to do and feel that,I will need more medial treatment

1. Bradley D. Harville

6

Best Answer

Answered . First of all, if you were just on your way home, you would probably not be covered under workers' comp as workers comp generally doesn't apply to commuting. There are exceptions to this rule but you would need to discuss this with an attorney to see if any exceptions apply. Your first order of business is to find a lawyer and get your no-fault benefits started through your own auto insurance. This would be the insurer that provided the coverage on the company vehicle. Also you need to determine if you are covered by any health insurance. An attorney can assist you in coordinating benefits. You need to take care of getting the proper medical treatment for now and worry about pursuing a personal injury claim against the other driver later. That is the very purpose of the Kentucky No-Fault Act. There are many fine lawyers in Lexington. I also handle cases in Lexington (born and raised there). If I can be of any further assistance please don't hesitate to contact me. Good luck.

2. Michael A. Schafer

Pro

5

1

Answered . You should notify your personal health insurance company, which is referred to as your PIP carrier. They are responsible for the first $10,000.00 of medical bills right now and will be reimbursed by the at-fault insurance company at the end of the case. . Then you should notify the insurance company of the car that caused the wreck. They are responsible for pain and suffering. Before doing this I would suggest you contact an experienced Kentucky car accident attorney to discuss the specifics of your case.

3. Anna M. Aleksander

Pro

3

Answered . You should speak with a qualified injury attorney.

4. Jeffrey Mark Adams

4

Answered . Yes; conta t local and qualified personal injury counsel. Don't delay further. Good luck.

Pro

2

Answered . Sue the driver of course