I was rear ended 3days ago

Asked about 1 year ago - Austin, TX

My wife, daughter and I were in the vehicle at a complete stop, when he hit us at about 40-45 mph. It's $4,500 in damages to my car and he hit me in a company truck.. I have a lower lumbar Sprain, and pulled muscles .. My wife has pulled muscles and ligaments.. My daughter hit her head but no concussion. He was cited for failure to maintain speed. Do I need to get a lawyer.

1. Dominic Michael Vincent Braus

7

Answered . You will want to make sure you don't have any lingering medical problems that can linger when you get in a wreck. A personal injury attorney can make sure that the insurance company doesn't settle for less than your claim is worth. You would be well advised to seek out an attorney early on so they can ensure that it is handled properly to make sure you all get better.

2. Papool Subhash Chaudhari

6

Answered . I handle cases like this and yues, you should get a lawyer. Most lawyers, like myself, handle this on a contingency fee basis with no up front cost to you (lawyers don't get until you get paid). They also do free consultations for the most part. A lawyer can help with getting med bills paid, repairs done, and compensation for pain and suffering. Good luck!

3. John Raleigh Hunt

6

Answered . Yes, you need an attorney. Use Avvo's search feature to find a personal injury attorney in your area.

4. Richard Kurt Arbuckle

Pro

6

Answered . The answer is yes. With that much damage, and injuries, you will do much better with a lawyer even after paying a percent as attorney fees. Insurance companies always try to low ball unrepresented victims, and if the damages are slight, you might still come out about the same since you don't pay attorneys. But when there are significant injuries, the difference is great enough to justify hiring the attorney.

5. Vuk Vujasinovic

Pro

5

Answered . Here is a video and article that answers your exact question:

http://www.vbattorneys.com/faqs/do-i-need-a-law...

To get more information on Texas car accident issues, go here:

http://www.vbattorneys.com/practice_areas/houst...

Don't give any recorded statements, and don't sign anything, before you talk to a Board Certified injury lawyer. An attorney can also help you with medical treatment issues.

To learn what "Board Certification" means, go here:

http://www.vbattorneys.com/faqs/what-does-it-me...

Vuk Stevan Vujasinovic, Board Certified, Highest Possible "10" AVVO Rating (877 ) 724-7800
  6. Seth Clark Harmonson

Pro

5

Answered . I would get a lawyer. There are many things that a lawyer can help with, including helping obtain the best value for the case, negotiating with the insurance company and making sure that all of your doctor's bills are paid out of the settlement funds.

7. David Ian Schoen

Pro

6

Answered . Yes

8. Hunt Edwin Bonneau

4

Answered . I think you MUST get a lawyer. Most of the issues your family is about to deal with, our better suited for someone with experience in handling these cases. Find someone who specializes in car wreck cases.

9. Robert C. Slim

4

Answered . You absolutely should get a lawyer right away. The first few days after an accident are to most crucial. This is the time when the claims are getting reported to the insurance companies and you will probably be contacted to give a recorded statement. This is also the time when getting the proper medical attention is very important. A good lawyer will protect you from unwittingly hurting you own case and will handle all the legal aspects that arise. All you will have to worry about is keeping your doctor's appointments. Follow the link about the importance of hiring a lawyer for your personal injury case.

Pro

5

Answered . Get a local personal injury lawyer to get maximum compensation for your injuries. Avvo has a terrific "find a lawyer" tool to find a low fee lawyer in your city. Good luck.

11. Jeffrey Mark Adams

4

Answered . You do not legally need an attorney, but to protect yourself and your daughter you absolutely need a qualified personal injury litigation attorney! Good luck and feel better.

12. Christopher Daniel Leroi

2

Answered . Hire a personal injury attorney as soon as possible.