I was reading the instruction of form i360 and in page 8 ( of 11 ) found at the beginning of the page . . .

That if you file i360 you must file i485 at the same time and if you are married to a LPR a visa # will be available immediately . What will happened if i had file an i485 before the i360 . I360 is approved on line but did not get any physical information yet . Can I reopen i485 that still pending , what about interviews do I need to take my evidence of abuse and answer all their questions . How long will take this process of i485

Fort Myers, FL -

Laura Justine Jacobson

Laura Justine Jacobson

Immigration Attorney - Alexandria, VA

I strongly recommend you talk to an attorney as soon as possible who can help guide you through this process. You sound very confused on several important parts of this process, and you owe it to yourself to work with someone who can give you some direction.

Grace Marie Gomez

Grace Marie Gomez

Immigration Attorney - Coral Gables, FL

Battered spouses of US citizens who are approved through the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) can receive immediately available visas. You apply for your residency on the I-485 form after the VAWA (form I-360) is approved. However these cases can be very complicated and I suggest you hire a licensed attorney to help you with this process.

Kyndra L. Mulder

Kyndra L. Mulder

Immigration Attorney - Jacksonville, FL

i agree with my colleagues.