I was reaching for a can up high and it was stack where it was hard to pull down, a can fell and cut my eyebrow and started to

Springfield, VA |
Filed under: Personal injury

Bleed but I just ran out the store bleeding can I still sued?

1. A personal injury lawyer can be retained to investigate a claim for this negligent stacking.

2. You did not post enough details about what happened to give you proper advise, so seek a personal injury attorney to sit down with and discuss the details of what happened.

Attorney Stacy E. Pepper is licensed in all State and Federal Courts in Mississippi. He is a founding Partner in the law firm of Pepper & Odom, P.C. Nothing posted here constitutes any attorney client relationship and is meant for educational purposes only. Office hours are 8:00 a.m till 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Phone: 601-914-9219 Facsimile: 888-456-2160 www.pepperodom.com

3. Virginia is one of the few remaining states that follows the doctrine of "contributory negligence". That is if you can be shown to be the least bit responsible for your injuries, you are barred from recovering any amount of damages. You can be 1% to blame, and the store 99% to blame, and there is nothing you may do.

I think you may have a tough case since you moved the cans from their resting spot and that seems to be the cause of the accident, at least to some degree. There may be more to the story, and you should meet with a personal injury attorney for more information.

Responding to questions on AVVO does not establish an attorney-client relationship between the questioner and any attorney associated with Garrett Law Group, PLC. Responses should be considered and used for informational purposes only. Every case is unique in its facts, and all legal matters should be discussed with a licensed attorney prior to making any decisions or taking any actions.

4. I tend to agree with attorney Garrett.

Mr. Crosner is licensed to practice law in California and has been practicing law in California since 1978. The response herein is general legal and business analysis.. It is not intended nor construed to be "legal advice" but rather it is analysis, and different lawyers may analyze this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.