I was raped give years ago by a man in Philadelphia and he is now harassing me at my job in NJ.

When I went to the hospital, the nurse told me that it was not rape. We were dating it was rough sex but I knew in my heart she was wrong . For 5 years later, he has been harassing me in my home state of New Jersey. I'm tired of this and now would like to press charges. I thought he would go away but he has not. What can I do now? I feel desperate press charges

Pemberton, NJ -

Mark M Cheser

Mark M Cheser

Criminal Defense Attorney - Union, NJ

Go to the police and try to file a domestic violence charge.

Sponsored Listing
Yolanda Navarrete

Yolanda Navarrete

Personal Injury Lawyer - Morristown, NJ

I agree with Mr. Kaman. This nurse had a lot of nerve to give her opinion on something that was beyond the realm of her expertise. Nevertheless go to the police and report everything. You should get a temporary restraining order immediately to start.

Michael R Crosner

Michael R Crosner

Criminal Defense Attorney - Northridge, CA

Report his activity to the police - try to obtain a restraining order. If need, consult a local attorney for assistance, it will be worth the fee. Best wishes

Sponsored Listing
John M. Kaman

John M. Kaman

Criminal Defense Attorney - San Francisco, CA

Better yet go to the police and file a rape charge. The nurse had no way of knowing whether your experience with this man was rape or not. All she can do is look at your physical condition and opine that it is or is not consistent with rape. This should not have prevented you from filing charges. The nurse should be in another profession.

Ask your questions on our Q&A forum. It's free and anonymous.

Need to find an attorney? Browse our lawyer directory.