I was raped by a superior at work. I am intending to have a conversation with this person about the incident

Asked over 1 year ago - Greenwich, CT

I am intending to have him admit to rape while I record our conversation. He has
admitted to it already when I confronted him once before and our work
relationship has deteriorated to the extend that I think strongly he
will talk to me again about it if only to make an attempt to appease
me since he knows how upset I am about the incident.

My question to you is what actual words do I need him to say or admit
to in order to prove my case.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Salvatore Bonanno


    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Do not play cop.... rather call the police and file a complaint... if, after doing that, the police feel they need a recording from him, they'll tell you.

    Good Luck

    Attorney Bonanno's answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client... more
  2. Brian S Karpe

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . CT is a "notice" state. The other person does not have to agree but they have to be put on notice that you are recording.

    I agree with Atty Bonnano - call the police. They investigate crimes "for a living" and so are probably better at obtaining evidence than you. This is especially the case since it is almost a certainty that the supervisor will not admit to raping you. Do you really think he will admit a serious felony for which he could do a significant amount of prison time to you while being recorded? Call the police and make a statement to them. Let them do their job.

    Brian S. Karpe, Esq. (860) 242-2221 Note: This response DOES NOT constitute legal advice and therefore no... more
  3. Harry Edward Hudson Jr

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Do not do this. This is for a cop / sheriff to investigate. You are putting yourself at risk for another violent event. You also could cause some evidentiary problems.

    The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client... more
  4. William Emil Cassara


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . This is an awful idea. I am not sure if CT is a "one person consent" state, or if it requires both parties to consent. But in either event, this is a police matter.

    This post is for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,119 answers this week

3,046 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,119 answers this week

3,046 attorneys answering