I was raped by a superior at work. I am intending to have a conversation with this person about the incident

Greenwich, CT |

I am intending to have him admit to rape while I record our conversation. He has
admitted to it already when I confronted him once before and our work
relationship has deteriorated to the extend that I think strongly he
will talk to me again about it if only to make an attempt to appease
me since he knows how upset I am about the incident.

My question to you is what actual words do I need him to say or admit
to in order to prove my case.

1. Do not do this. This is for a cop / sheriff to investigate. You are putting yourself at risk for another violent event. You also could cause some evidentiary problems.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.

2. This is an awful idea. I am not sure if CT is a "one person consent" state, or if it requires both parties to consent. But in either event, this is a police matter.

This post is for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney client relationship with Mr. Cassara.

3. Do not play cop.... rather call the police and file a complaint... if, after doing that, the police feel they need a recording from him, they'll tell you.

Good Luck

Attorney Bonanno's answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should carefully consider advice from an attorney hired and who has all facts necessary to properly advise a client, which is why these answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship.

4. CT is a "notice" state. The other person does not have to agree but they have to be put on notice that you are recording.

I agree with Atty Bonnano - call the police. They investigate crimes "for a living" and so are probably better at obtaining evidence than you. This is especially the case since it is almost a certainty that the supervisor will not admit to raping you. Do you really think he will admit a serious felony for which he could do a significant amount of prison time to you while being recorded? Call the police and make a statement to them. Let them do their job.

Brian S. Karpe, Esq. (860) 242-2221 Note: This response DOES NOT constitute legal advice and therefore no specific action should be taken in reliance thereon. No attorney-client relationship is created through this response. You should speak to an licensed attorney in your state who is competent to answer your question before taking any action with regard to this question.