I was raped by a superior at work. I am intending to have a conversation with this person about the incident

Asked over 1 year ago - Greenwich, CT

I am intending to have him admit to rape while I record our conversation. He has
admitted to it already when I confronted him once before and our work
relationship has deteriorated to the extend that I think strongly he
will talk to me again about it if only to make an attempt to appease
me since he knows how upset I am about the incident.

My question to you is what actual words do I need him to say or admit
to in order to prove my case.

1. Salvatore Bonanno

Pro

5

Answered . Do not play cop.... rather call the police and file a complaint... if, after doing that, the police feel they need a recording from him, they'll tell you.

Good Luck

2. Brian S Karpe

1

Answered . CT is a "notice" state. The other person does not have to agree but they have to be put on notice that you are recording.

I agree with Atty Bonnano - call the police. They investigate crimes "for a living" and so are probably better at obtaining evidence than you. This is especially the case since it is almost a certainty that the supervisor will not admit to raping you. Do you really think he will admit a serious felony for which he could do a significant amount of prison time to you while being recorded? Call the police and make a statement to them. Let them do their job.

3. Harry Edward Hudson Jr

2

Answered . Do not do this. This is for a cop / sheriff to investigate. You are putting yourself at risk for another violent event. You also could cause some evidentiary problems.

4. William Emil Cassara

Pro

2

Answered . This is an awful idea. I am not sure if CT is a "one person consent" state, or if it requires both parties to consent. But in either event, this is a police matter.