I was raped 6 months ago, but never reported it to the police. How can I bring this to the criminal courts at no cost to myself?

Asked about 1 year ago - Alhambra, CA

This person was an acquaintance and I know how to get in contact with him.

1. Jonathan Simms

Pro

8

Best Answer

Answered . There is never a financial cost to report a crime to the police. The prosecutor will be your advocate in court, so you don't need to hire another attorney to represent you for the criminal aspect. If you choose to also pursue a civil case, then you will need to hire an attorney.

2. Vijay Dinakar

Pro

7

1

Answered . There's no monetary cost for alleging a crime. The cost to you will be in terms of time. Inconvenience, stress, and possible disappointment (if the DA decides not to file or the perpetrator is given a deal you don't like or found not guilty). Good luck

For a Free Consultation Call: 408.313.5607
  3. Charles K. Kenyon Jr.

Pro

9

Answered . Call the local rape crisis center and police.

4. Theodor Kaplun

8

Answered . I am sorry for what you went through, report the incident to the police, there will be no monetary cost to you in reporting a crime, best of luck.