I was put on suspension without pay for 30 days and all I was told by HR was that my work was "sloppy". Do I have any rights?

Wayne, NJ |

I work for a defense contractor. My team and I did everything according to policy. My senior leadership Team were terminated and I along with 3 other subordinates were suspended without pay. No one in HR or our legal department has been able to point out what we did wrong. I have a son going to college next month and this has become a hardship to me financially. What can I do to obtain back pay without damaging my career in the company?

1. If you are a member of a union I would suggest that you contact your union representative to review the terms of the labor contract. If you have a contract of employment you should review that with an attorney to determine if there was breach or if there was discriminatory action by you employer that was actionable.