I was put on probation for child support in June 2009. Also, added to that probation was sexual misconduct. 5 years.

Asked over 1 year ago - Lexington, KY

Two weeks ago, I was served with a domestic violence order from my ex wife in another county. I had blocked this person from facebook, changed my telephone number twice, she set up fake profiles continued to try to contact me. However, the judge issued the DVO based on my past record from over 10 years ago. Now my Probation officer has issued a revocation hearing for probation violation. I have not violated the DVO and was under the understanding that the DVO was civil and not criminal. Have I violated my probation?

1. Joe Wayne Hendricks Jr.

2

1

Answered . From what you have stated it doesn't sound like you have. Nevertheless what matters is what is proven before the court. A DVO is civil but violating a DVO will likely be a violation of your probation. You should immediately hire a criminal defense attorney to help you deal with this.

2. Michael William Bouldin

1

Answered . It sounds like you've done nothing wrong. A DVO entry, without an admission, is not a violation of probation. That said, since you are facing a probation violation, you need to hire a competent criminal defense attorney to advocate. You are facing significant jail/prison time if the judge violates your probation, therefore an attorney is necessary. Often people think that they don't need an attorney if they've done nothing wrong - this is a fallacy. It is even MORE of a reason to hire counsel. Criminal defense attorneys protect both the guilty and the innocent that are wrongly accused.

3. Frank Mascagni III

Answered . You need to hire a criminal defense attorney to represent you at the probation revocation hearing. You also need counsel at the DVO hearing. www.kacdl.net