I was put on a year probation for 2 charges of driving on a suspended license then got ticket again on probation for same

Asked over 1 year ago - Fall River, MA

i was put on a year probation for 2 charges of driving on a suspended license both time were the same case..while on probation i got caught again for dwls because my wife and kid broke down at night and i was moving truck to safe spot i got pulled over cuz cop asked what was wrong with truck he gave me another ticket for dwls aggain and i got hearing comming up again prior to this ive had no record and im scared to do jail time what am i looking at ive heard some jail and also longer probation or license suspension for years please help

1. David C. Newton

Pro

1

Answered . Assuming that both cases that you are on probation for were 1st offense operating after suspension cases, then on a probation surrender you could receive up to 10 days jail on each. I would imagine that if you had no previous record that your year probation was with a continuation without a finding. If that is the case then the court could also revoke that disposition and enter guilty findings. What will be the outcome of the latest operating after suspension it depends, was it charged as a subsequent or a first offense? You should hire and consult an experienced criminal defense attorney.

David Newton, Esq.
    978-995-2014
    617-449-7441

This is not intended as legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship.
  2. Michael J Palumbo

Pro

Answered . You can contact us if you need a MA traffic court lawyer.