I was pulled over for going 85 in a 65....I dont think i was going that fast but i got a ticket for it ... should get a lawyer

Asked over 1 year ago - Winston-salem, NC

i was stopped in alamance county..what can i do drivers school or something else to not have my insurance go up or ave points on my lincense

this was my first driving violation

1. Fred B. Amos II

Pro

9

Answered . Yes, you should certainly hire a traffic attorney in your county. Depending on your record and how matters are handled in Alamance County, you may be able to plead to a non-moving violation or get a Prayer For Judgment Continued. Good luck to you.

2. Dustin R. T. Sullivan

4

Answered . Yes, hire an attorney before the court date. You may be eligible for a Improper Equipment (IE) if you have counsel and possibly complete a driving school. If you are able to get it reduced to an IE, your insurance rates will not be affected. An IE carries zero points on your license and zero points for insurance purposes. Good luck!

Call Trial Attorney Dustin RT Sullivan at (910) 508-2200 or visit us at www.sullivansnowlaw.com to find out more.
  3. Frank Mascagni III

4

Answered . Yes you need to retain an attorney to represent you. 20mph over the limit carries a fine and court costs in addition to points assessed on your drivers license. Get counsel to assist you to get the best resolution.

4. Zachary Andrew Cohen

Pro

2

Answered . Without a doubt, hire a local lawyer. It will cost you less in the long run. Good luck!

5. Andrew A. Achey

2

Answered . Yes, you should get a lawyer to help you with your case. You may be eligible fort infraction deferral, although you need to check with the clerk or prosecutor. An infraction deferral program would keep the ticket off of your record and would probably keep your insurance rates from going up.

Demand Justice!