I was pulled over for dwi in michigan and the police officer lied on the police report and i can prove it.

Asked over 1 year ago - Kalamazoo, MI

He said he followed me for three miles before he pulled me over but i stopped at my brothers house in the time frame that he said he was following me. can I get my case dismissed?

1. Scott Grabel

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . Like my fellow attorneys have mentioned, a difference in the version of events leading to an arrest is not enough to get a case dismissed. As you can imagine, the majority of people placed under arrest have a different version of events than the arresting officer. It's almost impossible to get a favorable outcome in your case without hiring an attorney. Use the Avvo search feature to find an experienced DUI attorney in your area.

2. Timothy J. Klisz

Pro

1

Answered . A prosecutor will never dismiss based on this. You would need to try the case and hope a jury believes you over the officer. Get counsel ASAP.

3. Frank Mascagni III

1

Answered . You need to hire a competent criminal defense attorney in your area to represent you. It is not unusual for the defendant to have a different version of the facts from the arresting officer. Proving a factual dispute is one thing, and using it to your advantage is another. And getting a case dismissed on that alone is not common. Get counsel.