I was pulled over for crossing the center line at 10:30pm almost a month ago. I was given a sobriety test and blew a 0.15.

Asked about 2 years ago - Cranberry Township, PA

the arresting officer allowed me to leave my vehicle where it was and took me to the hospital for a blood test. After the blood test the officer drove me home to my house. It has been almost a month and I have not received any information in the mail about the arrest or the blood test. In addition to that I was not read any rights, I was not asked to sign anything, and after the arrest the officer did not hand me any sort of citation or paperwork that I am use to getting for tickets due to traffic violations. Please help

1. Zachary Cooper

2

Answered . The reason they took blood from you is te death test that was given to you was probably a PBT (portable breath test) which is not admissible in the Commonwealth. Sometimes when blood is involved it takes a bit longer to get the paperwork because the police are also waiting for the results. As far as the stop is concerned I would talk to to an attorney to see if there was anything wrong with what the police did and possibly file a suppression motion. I know you are anxious ad nervous but unfortunately the legal system is not very fast. I can tell you that this delay is not uncommon and you should get somethig in the mail soon so long as they have your correct address.

2. Michael Lawrence Doyle

Pro

1

Answered . It is curious to me why they would have given a blood test if they already have a breathalyzer showing a .15, unless they believed drugs were also in your system. It is also odd, at least from my experience, that they would then drive you home after you had blown a .15. Instead they usually keep a DUI suspect in jail overnight until the preliminary arraignment. That does not mean that you won't get anything in the mail, I just would have thought that you would have recieved something at the scene if they already had your BAC over the limit.

Michael L. Doyle
    Attorney at Law
    (215) 900-5565

3. Mitchell Scott Sexner

Pro

1

Answered . It is possible they are waiting for the blood test results. I would check with the clerk of the circuit court for the jurisdiction where the arrest would be assigned to make sure I had no case pending.