I was pulled over by one officer, and arrested and processed by another.

Plattsburgh, NY |

I was pulled over by an officer for a traffic infraction. The officer did not tell me why I was being pulled over but requested my lic and reg. He then told me I had to "blow" still not indicating why I was stopped. I refused. The officer removed me from my vehicle and cuffed me. As second car arrived with two officers. The three officers "inventoried" my car for impound and then I was brought to the police station. I have an attorney and a plea from the ADA but it is based on the second officers statement that was not on the scene and is given written testimony from the first officer. How can this be allowed? I was not told why I was pulled over until after I was arrested.

there is nothing unusual about this.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

This is usual police procedure. Question for you: why not ask your attorney these questions?

Consult with your lawyer not here.