I was pulled over after an accident at gunpoint and cited for DUI and an open container, even though I refused a breath test.

Asked about 1 year ago - Savannah, GA

I was never given a field sobriety test and pulled over immediately, the cop said he thought I was preparing to ditch the car. He said I fit a description in a high crime area of a breaking into an auto crime (I am a black male who owns a BMW)

1. Douglas Brooks Rohan

14

Answered . There are a dozen different reasons why you should hire an attorney in this case. Most offer a free consultation. Meet with several and get different opinions from them. Decide which one you like because you will be investing money in their opinion.

2. William Travis Towe

13

Answered . If you were pulled over because of an accident, police had the right to approach you and question you. Even if you refused field sobriety tests, the officer can arrest for DUI based upon physical manifestations, driving and other evidence such as an open container in the car. Refusals are easier to handle than cases where the person performed all of the FSTs and state breath test. Feel free to call my office for a free consultation. 90% of my cases are DUI cases.

3. Phillip Darrell Kimbrell

12

Answered . Hire an attorney immediately as there is a 10 day period within which you must assert certain rights in order to try and preserve your driving privileges. Good Luck

P Darrell Kimbrell

4. Noah Howard Pines

Pro

12

Answered . Sounds like you have a good case to fight. Hire a lawyer.

5. Benjamin David Goldberg

Pro

11

Answered . Though you have not asked a question, the answer is: hire an experienced DUI lawyer in your area.

6. Justin Spizman

Pro

10

Answered . Ok. Did you have a question?

7. Kevin Aaron Chastine

Pro

9

Answered . I'd agree with the other answers here; you need to act quickly to protect your driving privileges, and a good DUI attorney can help to maximize your chances of getting the charges reduced to a non DUI disposition. Call around and find someone you're comfortable with at a reasonable price for their services.

8. Patrick Lee Jarrett

8

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Hire an attorney as soon as you can. Based on the facts you describe, you may have multiple defenses.

9. Darrell Brinnett Reynolds Sr.

8

Answered . You need to retain an attorney. My office offer free telephone consultation..

Darrell B. Reynolds,
    Attorney and Counselor at Law
    2385 Lawrenceville Highway, Ste D
    Decatur, Ga. 30033
    404-636-6616

10. Ethan Patrick Meaney

Pro

8

Answered . My colleagues are correct. You should talk with an experienced DUI/DWI attorney. If you want to find one in your area here on AVVO you can select "Find a Lawyer" at the top of the page. Good luck.

11. Benjamin Von Schuch

4

Answered . There a question in there somewhere. How do I get my license back? Was this stop lawful? Why was I arrested? How do I find a lawyer? Was the officer wrong? Was I profiled?

Let me know what your question you have so I can help you out.

12. George F. Mccranie IV

Pro

1

Answered . I would recommend that you retain an experienced DUI Defense Attorney - ASAP! You only have 10 business days to request a Hearing in the Administrative License Suspension (ALS) procedure. Your attorney will be able to prepare this and make sure that there is proof it is received by the state. Also, you may have numerous defenses to the charges, such as, an improper stop (if you were stopped only for being in a high crime area), the failure of the Officer to administer the SFST's, etc. This opinion is based on the very limited information in your "question". You should have a detailed consultation with the best DUI Defense Attorney that is available to you - ASAP! Don't risk loosing your Drivers License because you wait to long!
    Good Luck!
    George McCranie www.mccranielawfirm.com